Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Second Stitch Fix Review!

I was super excited about getting another Stitch Fix, especially since the first time was fun and I got a couple nice pieces. Well, this time didn't go so well.

If you would like to see my first review, Click Here

Anyways, on with this review:


Item 1 - Monique Double Breasted Trench Coat (Price $78):  

 


The first 2 pictures are the coat that Stitch Fix sent, and the last is the trench coat that I already have. As you can see, it's a similar style, so they did well matching it to my style, but the one I already have is Burberry and I don't really need two similar styles. Also, the fabric felt a little cheap on the Stitch Fix coat. Back in the box it goes. 



Item 2 - Ukita Striped Jersey Cowl Neck Tank (Price $38):


                                  


Stripes don't really work for me because I have a larger bust. I did add a note to my Stitch Fix profile telling them that I had a larger bust, but alas, they missed the mark by sending stripes. On a positive note, it looks great on the hanger and the colors were nice, but it just not  for me.



Item 3 - Multi Chain Layered Short Necklace (Price $38):



I thought this was cute, but not worth the $38 price tag. Back it goes!



Item 4 - Tommie Colorblock Peplum Tank Top (Price $58):


      


Where do I even begin with this one? When I took this out of the box, I was tempted to put it back in without even trying it on, but for the sake of this post, I forged on. Well it was just as bad on as it was on the hanger. It also made me look big in my midsection with the weird sash-like cream piece. And $58.00? No thanks.



Item 5 - Milo Printed Pleated Detail Skirt (Price $58):

  

The style of this skirt is great. It's flowy and comfortable. I'm a little hesitant on the color/print since I usually don't go for deep red-orange, but for some reason I like it. Here is my only complaint - they sent me the wrong size! My invoice and the Stitch Fix tag states size small, but the skirt tag states size medium. Because of the size difference, it sits too low on my hips. Here is what it should look like:


With the correct size, it cinches in my waist, which is something I need since I have a bigger bust (if it were to sit low on the hips, it makes me appear wider than I am and is unflattering).


Even though it didn't really work out for the best this time, I will most likely order again. However, I was thinking about doing it monthly, but after this batch, it will probably be every once and a while.


Want to try it for yourself? Here is the link to the site (this is my personal referral link, so if you use it, I get a credit, which is fabulous!): http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3110660


No comments:

Post a Comment