Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Stitch Fix Follow-up...

This is just a quick follow-up to my previous Stitch Fix review:

So I ended up keeping the pink statement necklace as well from my Stitch Fix! Before purchasing the jeans and the necklace, I made sure to do my research to see if it was a fair price to pay for the items. I actually couldn't find either piece at any other stores, so I was comfortable paying the asking price. Stitch fix mentions this on their site in regards to the designers they pick from:

"Stitch Fix works with over 200 brands, from up-and-coming labels to more established designers. "

This is most likely why it was hard to come across the items I purchased. However, I did come across one of the other items from my fix: the Jayda dot chambray top. The Stitch Fix price was $58, and here is the same exact shirt sold at Ruche for $42.99:


Link here: http://shopruche.com/polka-dot-splash-chambray-top-in-blue.html


 Now I can only assume that the mark up Stitch Fix has is because it of the personal styling service (even though there is a $20 initial charge for this). Although not nearly as fun as a box of handpicked goodies showing up on your doorstep, it is something to keep in mind for the savvy shopper (especially if there was a piece you loved but it was out of your price range!).

Happy shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment