Monday, June 17, 2013

My first Stitch Fix review!

I received my first Stitch Fix today and I am excited to share my experience! For those of you not familiar with Stitch Fix, here are the details from the site:


The style profile is pretty detailed and includes everything from your sizes, what colors to avoid, your price range, print preferences, etc. Now for the pricing details:


I read a ton of reviews and also talked about it with a coworker before giving it a try. The site is still in beta, so you have to sign up and there is a slight waiting period (I would say it was about a week from signing up until I got an email saying I was in). You have to schedule a delivery date (mine came right on schedule). I tore into the box as soon as I got home:




Also, a nifty little detail is this styling card that is attached to each piece:




Anyways, on to the fun part--the clothes and accessories my "personal stylist" at Stitch Fix picked out for me:

Item 1 - Two Strand Bubble Necklace (Price $28):





Ok, this one I have mixed feelings about. It feels really cheap (the hot pink part is plastic) and it's also a color that I would not normally pick for myself (I'm not really into the whole neon trend), but I did like it as a contrast with the black and white. I'm on the fence, I have a couple more days to decide whether I want to keep it or not.



Item 2 - Carter Skinny Ankle-Length Jeans (Price $88):




These were my favorite. They fit well, were comfortable, and a great color for summer. Definitely a keeper!


Item 3 - Florence Colorblocked Dress (Price $68):


This just made me look like I was wearing a tent. I just felt frumpy in it. Back it goes!


Item 4 - Amanda Chevron Print Dress (Price $68):


This was another unflattering piece. It made me feel matronly. And the awkward placement of the under bust seam doesn't really allow cinching it in with a belt either. I didn't keep this one either.


Item 5 - Jayda Dot Cuffed Chambray Top (Price $58):



This top was ok. I'm not really into chambray tops, but this did have a very cute polka dot detailing on the cuffs and collar. However, it was a bit boxy in the shoulder area and made me look like I have broad shoulders. This one is going back as well since I didn't feel like I would wear it.


Overall, I thought it was an overall fun process and would likely do it again. From what I understand, the more you do it, the more the stylists get to know your style.


Want to try it for yourself? Here is the link to the site (this is my personal referral link, so if you use it, I get a credit, which is fabulous!): http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3110660


No comments:

Post a Comment