Monday, July 29, 2013

Best Eye Makeup Remover For Sensitive Eyes

I have been on the hunt for a good eye makeup remover for a while. Eye makeup is typically what I wear most often but I have very sensitive eyes. Although the makeup does not irritate my eyes, the majority of eye makeup removers I have tried end up burning! I finally came across one that works for me, so I wanted to share for all of those looking for an eye makeup remover for sensitive eyes. I also included a few others that I have tried.



Eye Makeup Remover Pads by Simple Review:

More info here: Simple Skin Care Site

I am a big fan of the Simple face wipes and decided to give these a try when I saw them at my local Target the other day. These pads are gentle and take off even the most stubborn eye makeup. They aren't greasy and don't leave residue. Best of all, they don't irritate my eyes at all! You can find Simple products at almost any drug store or Target.



Abolene Moisturizing Cleanser Review:



This one is a close second, Abolene moisturizing cleanser for makeup removal. This is non irritating, but my only  complaint is that it is a little on the greasy side. If that doesn't bother you, then this is a good one as well. It can be found at CVS or Walgreens



Here are some others I have tried but have not had as great results with:

1. Almay Hypo-allergenic Eye Makeup Remover Pads Review:



I had such high hopes for these since Almay usually produces non-irritating, hypo-allergenic products,  and it is an "Allure Beauty Editors Pick". Unfortunately, they are super greasy and tend to just smudge the makeup around. It takes a couple different pads to remove all of your eye makeup. These would leave my eye irritated most of the time as well. This product can be found in almost any drug store, Target, or Walmart. 



2. Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover from The Body Shop Review:

Available here: The Body Shop

This was anything but gentle! The consistency was not greasy though and did make it easy to remove makeup. If it weren't for the irritation, I would have recommended this one.



3. Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Remover Review:

Available here: Clinique.com

Usually I really like Clinique eye products (especially their eye cream) because it does not irritate my eyes. Naturally you would assume that this would be sting free, however it sadly was not. On a positive note, it did do a good job of removing the makeup without feeling greasy.



4. Studio 35 Cleansing & Makeup Removing Towelettes Review:

Available Here: Walgreens

This is the Walgreens brand version which is supposedly comparable to Pond's Original All Day Cleansing Towelettes. I haven't tried the Pond's ones, but these just make my eyes burn. It's unfortunate because towelette form is my favorite because it is super convenient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment